Sunday, May 11, 2014

Destro

This was the first time I used magnets. the head/neck joint is a small metal ball and magnet combo to allow for a massive amount of neck movement. I also embedded small pieces of hair pins in the gauntlets to allow for magnetic rockets to attach. There is also a small metal piece in the briefcase to allow for storage.

I also used this silver Rub n' Buff finish for the head, gauntlets and then as a light coat over the body to give the suit a more futuristic feel. It's a liquid wax that can be painted on. I dry brushed it on in this case. It can be polished as well with a paper towel or soft cloth.

I like the cleaner look for Destro, without the higher collar and rockets permanently attached to his wrist. The Ret. Roadblock body really adds some size as well.

Head: Marvel Universe Colossus with the hair shaved down.
Lower Arms: 25th Destro
Hands, Torso, Upper Arms and legs: Ret. Battle Kata Roadblock
Bigger Pistol: Marauder's Gun Runners Robocop pistol (I think. It's Robocop's gun for sure.)


No comments:

Post a Comment