Sunday, July 30, 2017

CPL Hicks

I've been wanting a CPL Hicks cutstom figure for about ten years. I originally bought the McFarlane CPL Hicks without helmet to have JFAK (who no longer casts anymore as far as I know) to shrink and cast for me. I got that back then sat on it until someone, I forget who, made a Colonial Marines kit with a torso, motion tracker, light, weilder and rifle (maybe even more than that actually.) I got all those pieces then sat on everything for six or seven years because I am both kinda lazy and easily distracted.

Fast forward to the release of the Alien Anthology Blu Ray Box set followed by the Marauder
 Task Force figures. That really motivated me. So...I bought a green camo base fig, popped the torso and added some GI Joe 50th TRU Exclusie Dusty arms. I modded the armor a little to make it more like it was seen in Aliens. The base isn't exactly like the movies, but it definitely looks close. I painted some camo on the armer based on the McFarlane figure I still have. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Some of these photos have been doctored to add effects. The Alien and facehugger are from the Hiya Toys line. They make 4" Marines too. The test tube thing is from that set that went on clearance at Toys R Us a few years ago. I got ten of them for less than ten dollars. I've only opened three. They are great for keeping the dust of my shelf.



This is in full light no effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment